Monday, June 20, 2011

2011-2012 Movie Season

In the interest of doing something different (and proving that I am not completely against modern films) I am going to give you a list of my most anticipated movies for the next year and a half. Here they are in order of release:

The Thing (2011) - October 14

This sounded like a bad idea when I heard about it but after reading script reviews and spy reports I am actually giving this more than a snowball's chance in hell - pun intended. I hear that alongside Joel Edgerton and the insanely gorgeous Mary Elizabeth Winstead that the ill-fated Norwegians are the main characters with 1980s style clothing and technology and that the Thing itself isn't (or shouldn't) come off as cheesy. Unless I see something otherwise that makes this look like a steaming pile of crap, count me in for October 14th.


Here's a bootleg trailer!


The Dark Knight Rises - July 20, 2012

Christopher Nolan and company are back and there's really nothing else left to say except, unless I'm dead, I'm there!


The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - December 14, 2012

What can I say? I loved The Lord of the Rings trilogy and have complete faith in Peter Jackson to stay as truthful to The Hobbit as he did with LOTR while still making an epic and entertaining film.


Django Unchained - December 25, 2012

Quentin Tarantino's upcoming spaghetti western about a freed slave and a German bounty hunter (the amazing Christoph Waltz - Col. Hans Landa in Inglourious Basterds) go on a blood-spattered rampage to free his slave wife from an evil plantation owner...'nuff said!


The Master - TBA (Late) 2012

Philip Seymour Hoffman and Joaquin Phoenix star in an ode to organized religions (more specifically L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology).

I'll watch anything by Paul Thomas Anderson and especially after seeing some of the sets in person this past week on Vallejo's own Mare Island, I can only say that I can't wait!


For the most part that is it! Now, that's not to say that there could be a few gems I might enjoy here and there but the films listed above are all a must see - Unless I die a tragic death from head-on crash or flying off a cliff or getting trapped under a gas truck (that's the worst) or beheading due to falling glass from a truck carrying glass...

...like this guy...
  

...I will be watching these films on opening day; you can take that to the bank!

I will be back soon with another review for all five of you who salivate for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment